Zumba is one of those workouts that feels more like a party. If burning calories, and having so much fun you don’t even think you’re working out, sounds good to you, then Zumba is for you. It’s all about fitness with fun. Just simple dance moves put into a fitness routine to Latin beats, other International rhythms, and even popular music. Zumba Fitness is hot-hot-hot...Our classes are to the original Zumba!
Are you looking for something to get you motivated to get your body moving again?
Have you been out of the loop for far too long? Does your body tell you, daily, that you need to do something for it?
If working out sounds like drudgery to you, or a chore you just don’t want to do, but you know you must, then you need something that will be absolutely fun and easy enough to get through the entire class.
Benefits of Zumba®
How you can benefit from this "party" called Zumba®?
Build endurance & stamina in your muscles and cardio-respiratory system
- Why would endurance and stamina help you? You gain the ability to be more active. With more activity in your daily life, you can lose excess body fat, increase the health of your heart, have more fun, do more things, and feel so good! Your health is not something to take lightly
- Endurance is the ability of the muscles to continue weight-bearing movement for extended periods of time (Zumba moves)
- Stamina is the ability of the heart to keep up with your workout intensity (lo or hi impact in Zumba)
Why Would You Want This?
- Endurance and stamina in your muscles will give you toned and sculpted muscles. They will also make your muscles a bit stronger. You will be able to do so much more physical activity all day long. If you like to have fun just doing physical stuff, like shopping (requires lots of walking, carrying of loads, moving your body in differing positions to try on clothes, reaching up for stuff on shelves, etc), or going for a simple, beautiful walk down West Cliff, and not getting winded every time you do something, then Zumba Fitness is for you
- If you have to climb stairs daily, if you like to play with your kids, if you love doing things outdoors including gardening, if you have to walk a distance to your work or your car, you’d love to go out dancing, or if you just like to shop for extended periods of time, then having good endurance in your muscles and strong stamina will make all these activities so much easier and fun to do.
- By working in an aerobic capacity, you will be strengthening your heart. You will make your blood flow to your brain, and your body will be removing toxins through sweat, and other functions of detoxification. (Staying properly hydrated by drinking plenty of water will also help to detoxify your body for increased health.)
- Having strong stamina and endurance will get you through each day with much more energy, and you’ll gradually be able to intensify your workouts for faster results
Elevate heart rate/lung capacity
- Elevating heart rate during aerobic activity will increase the strength of your heart. After all, it is a muscle! It needs working out too. This means you will have more energy throughout your day, whether your workouts are in the morning or evening.
- As you are able to breath in more air (lung capacity increases), you will be able to add more intensity to your workouts. More intensity means more calorie burn.
- If weight loss is one of your goals, you want to be able to increase your intensity as you continue with your workouts. Over time, you will be burning many more calories
- A strong healthy heart makes you feel energized! Don’t we all want to have the energy we had as young kids? Children move their bodies all the time. You too can regain some of that energy. Moving your body more intensely, and regularly, will begin the process of energizing
Burn up to 500-700 calories in one workout!
- The number of calories you burn in one workout, depends on how much fun you are having. If you start getting into the more hi-impact moves, then you will burn more energy (calories).
- Of course, the more you weigh, the more you burn. A person weighing 175 lbs will burn more calories than a person weighing 125. But the person weighing 175 will also require more caloric intake throughout the day to maintain energy reserves.
- If your concern is losing body fat, then the simple equation (there are others) you must remember is: calories in = calories out. If you take in more than you burn throughout the entire day, you will gain excess body fat. If you take in less than you burn, you will lose body fat. There are other factors that affect fat loss, but this is a very basic equation.
- Even if you haven’t exercised in a long time…or you haven't danced in a long time...remember, it is not a dance performance! Zumba is a fun-filled party-like fitness class!
YES…you can do this!
Today is always a good day to start! Whatever your fitness level (we all have one, even if you’re just exercising your hands with the remote…), you will begin to strengthen from where you are currently. We give options so that you can customize the workout to suit your needs and goals. Remember what we said about our Instructors. This workout is for you
"MINORSAN is the friendliest workout studios on the Westside. Clara runs a well-organized facility and welcomes everyone who walks through the door. Zumba classes are held frequently, so if I have a faculty meeting in the morning, I can make up the class later. Carolyn’s Zumba classes are my favorite workouts. She has a great way of breaking down complex moves to make them accessible to everyone. Her classes are a mix of Latin, funk, belly dance and more. Carolyn has been part of the Santa Cruz jazz and hip hop dance scene for years, and taught a lot of people how to move. I always leave the studio happier than when I went in."