Today Is a Good Day to Start Making Changes
Wouldn’t you like to:
• Feel more strength in your body
• Find more flexibility in your muscles
• Feel more balanced emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually
• Reduce stress to make a huge difference in your health
• Feel more 'connected' to you?
Too often many people find themselves running around every day attempting to get “things” done.
• Grocery shopping
• Gift shopping
• House-cleaning duties
• Yard work responsibilities
• Pet care
• Picking up/dropping off kids
• And on and on
Yes, this can be very stressful, especially when you then have to deal with traffic, incompetent people, hazards, and other distractions along your path to finishing your day. Where can you possibly find 10 minutes to just sit and breathe? There is a solution to this madness.
Benefits of Yoga
- Pain reliever – yoga is good for relief of chronic pain from rheumatoid arthritis. It also relieves anxiety and depression (p.70)
- Brain booster – yoga helps the brain work better (72)
- Better sex (72)
- Improves sleep (72)
- Stay younger looking –“yoga and meditation may be associated with cellular changes that affect the body’s aging process” (73)
- Wards of illness – yoga can fortify the body’s ability to resist illness ((73)
- Vertebrae disk health – those practicing yoga have “less degeneration of the spine (74)
- Boosts heart health – “yoga and meditation may help reduce many of the major risk factors for heart disease” (74)
- Joint support – asanas (poses) keep the joints lubricated (74)
- Helps the back – “yoga can help resolve certain types of back troubles,” especially lower back pain (75)
- Helps control blood pressure (86)
- Yoga may help stave off diabetes (86)
- Yoga “helps with symptoms of menopause (from hot flashes to sleep disturbances, to mood swings) (86)
- Emotional stability – those who practice yoga have less depression (86)
- Power source – yoga strengthens muscles (86
- Better balance – yoga helps in balance, which is especially important for older adults (86)
Extracted from Yoga Journal, September 2013, from an article by Katherine Griffin, former Yoga Journal editor.
Are you ready? If yes, here’s how
Get Started with a FREE Class and see if this is the right program for you. It is a great complement to our other workouts.
Let us know if you would like more information by contacting us here or simply fill out the form.
"Yoga at Minorsan is amazing! It is truly a privilege to be taught by Connie. Her knowledge, passion, and spirit create the ideal learning environment for mind-body transformation. This is truly a Santa Cruz treasure."
Janet V, Santa Cruz, CA